Celebrate Thanksgiving with Fine Gourmet Chocolate Turkeys, Acorns and Dipped Oreos
Bring some fine holiday chocolates to your Thanksgiving host or treat your guests to a Thanksgiving themed chocolate treat for dessert…
Thanksgiving Thursday is upon us and it’s time to start defrosting that turkey, grocery shopping for side dishes and gassing up for the long commutes around southern California to visit family and friends.
Instead of bringing a bottle of bubbly or stuffing your guests with treacle tarts and soggy pumpkin pies, stop by the shop for thanksgiving holiday chocolate turkeys, acorns, chocolate dipped Oreos with Thanksgiving designs, and fall themed box sets of truffles and confections.
And to Bring Some Cocoa Into Your Thanksgiving Dinner…
Southwest Cocoa-n-Spice Rubbed Turkey
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black (or white) pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice powder
- 1/4c olive oil or 1/2c butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine spices in a bowl and mix half the spice mix with two-thirds of oil (or butter)
- Make a pocket between the skin and turkey meat and rub oil/spice mixture over the whole breast
- Rub the rest of the oil (or butter) over top of skin, legs, etc and apply remainder of spices to entire bird. *If desired – stuff cavity with halved garlic bulbs, onions, cinnamon sticks, oranges and lemons halved.
- Place turkey in roasting pan, place pan in oven for 4.5 -5 hours. *Once skin is browned, add a foil tent to top of skin to keep from burning. Baste as needed.
- Remove turkey from oven and let rest for 30 minutes before carving at the table. Yield: 6-8 servings.